When you and your company are buying data center and network IT infrastructure equipment, it is important to look into all the options available to you. At first thought, you may dismiss the idea of purchasing used or refurbished IT hardware.
Here are some the most common customer concerns and objections we hear regarding used equipment
- Is it Reliable?
- Where did this stuff come from? Is it too good to be true?
- What’s the Warranty/ Guarantee?
All great questions… we'd be asking the same ones too!
When you buy brand-name used data center hardware from Fulcrum, you will be saving 50%-70% over buying new equipment. As important, you can be confident that your system has been thoroughly audited and rigorously tested by our experienced technicians. And all our systems are configured with redundant components to minimize downtime.
A significant portion of our inventory is sourced from our in-house lease portfolio; and whenever possible we will provide documented previous ownership and deployment history. In most cases, our systems have spent the previous 1-3 years deployed in a Tier 3-4 data center. Fulcrum also sources high-quality new and used IT equipment from other trusted sources including new-equipment reseller agreements, exclusive vendor remarketing agreements, a reliable global supplier network and third-party leasing partners.
Every system we sell carries a minimum one-year Next-Business Day advanced hardware replacement warranty. If it breaks, we’ll FiXiT. Much of our off-lease equipment carries residual OEM support as well. And we can provide custom onsite support via our trusted third-party support partners.
"For use-cases where Used Equipment isn't the best option, Fulcrum can resell and finance New servers, storage, network hardware and software, based on our partnerships with leading IT vendors."
We’re in this for the long run and know we only get one chance to make a good first impression. And to be frank, we don't want to just sell you a server, we want to help you plan and finance you next major IT refresh.
Great use-cases for used equipment:
- Virtual private clouds - VMwareTM / OpenStack
- Business-continuance / Disaster Recovery infrastructure
- Inexpensive disk-space - backup /archive / scratch-space
- Big Data MapReduce clusters - Apache Hadoop, splunkTM
- Software Development and Test environments
- Maintaining legacy Platforms and Applications
- Application migrations/short-term projects
Product lines we focus on:
- Dell - PowerEdge / Powervault / EqualLogic
- Cisco / Juniper / Brocade / Arista network switches
- EMC - VNX / CLARiiON network storage arrays
- Network Applicance storage systems
- HP ProLiant rack and blade systems
- Cisco USC rack and blade servers